Thursday, September 14, 2006

NYS Yeshiva Parents Association: Kickoff Meeting

I am thrilled to post an announcement from Mr. Elliot Pasik regarding the first meeting of the newly founded NYS Yeshiva Parents Association. I really, really wish that I could be present. You should see only continued momentum, bracha, and hatzlacha. I welcome guest posts from readers attending the meetings about the different ideas generated. Below is the announcement:

A meeting intended to explore new ways to address the modern challenges facing our yeshivas and day schools will be held Sunday, September 17, 2006, at 7:30 p.m. at the Young Israel of Long Beach, 120 Long Beach Blvd., corner West Penn St., Long Beach, NY.

Initially addressing the gathering will be Elliot Pasik, the attorney who successfully spearheaded the effort to pass a new law in New York that allows all nonpublic schools to fingerprint their prospective employees, and conduct national criminal background checks.

Additional issues the group plans to address include, the soaring cost of tuition; improved secular studies; health and exercise; and other areas of interest to yeshiva and day school parents. Legislative and other solutions to these areas of concern will be explored. Other parents and activists are expected to speak.

People with skills who want to get directly involved in the formation of this new group and its ongoing work are invited to attend, as well as those who simply want to learn about the challenges facing our schools, and families. RSVP is encouraged, but not required, at efpasik@aol.com; or, 516-578-0250.

3 comments:

AS said...

I would love to find out what they could possibly do to lower the cost of tuition.

Orthonomics said...

Can you be my guest poster on tuition ideas? I'd like to hear other ideas. I have my own ideas for stabilization, at least.

Anonymous said...

Geez...I wish I could attend. I think I would very much enjoy it.