Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hello and Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've thought about blogging for many months, but I just hadn't got around to it. Finally reading months worth of posts of other bloggers about very important topics, I decided that it was time to give blogging a try and express my ideas and concerns about some of the hot button issues in the Orthodox Jewish community. Since I have a financial background and tend to comment a lot on economic issues, I figured it would be fun to choose a blog that reflected that concern of mine. After throwing around a number of names that didn't seem to have the right ring, my husband suggested Orthonomics and, alas, a blog was born.

I post under the name SephardiLady. The name came about when another blogger (sorry, I can't remember who) posted a topic on halacha that involved a dispute between Ashkenazim and Sephardim. Since I was representing the Sephardi interpretation, I posted under the name SephardiLady and I kept with the name.

Shavua Tov and welcome to my blog.

8 comments:

Michael said...

I'M THE FIRST COMMENTER!

Wow, I just happened to have seen your comment on OM4's blog and saw that your name is now hyperlinked and here we go, you finally have your own blog!

Well, I'm glad you've finally entered the J-blogosphere though I thought "Yasharonomics" might have been a more apt name for you, given your bent to yashrus when dealing with finances and economics. ;)

Hatzlacha rabba!

orthomom said...

Wow! I'm truly looking forward to read your postings. I have yet to read anything from you that is not intelligent and edifying. Welcome!

Orthonomics said...

Hi Friends! I'm just figuring out how to work the different functions and once I exit my state of technological ineptness, I plan to get to work. Since you have provided my inspiration, I have decided to start by figuring out how to add links to your great sites. So far, so good.

Michael said...

Marvin Shick!?!
But he's not allowing his schools to attend the rally in Albany!!!
SL, how could you!?!

Orthonomics said...

I believe this will be the subject of a future post!!

Orthonomics said...

Elliot, I am planning on commenting on your article on my blog in the coming week. I already added some comments via a discussion on hirhurim. In short, your ideas are common sense, but the challenge we face is that our community cannot seem to put aside our differences and work pragmatically towards a common goal.

Ezzie said...

Wow - great to see you with your own blog! As OM said, your comments are always intelligent and worthwhile - I'm confident your posts will be as well. Thanks also for the link, I'm quite flattered. I'm really looking forward to your posts!

Orthonomics said...

Welcome Ezzie. Hope you will stick around.